What are action cameras?
Action cameras are compact, rugged, handheld or mountable digital cameras which are designed for capturing what you see when you are on a trip, sport or event. Action cameras are usually mounted to the helmets, chest, handlebars of a bike or motorcycle, or tripod to record life.
What are action cameras good for?
Normally, each camera has a purpose; for a professional photographer, a DSLR or mirrorless camera is a perfect tool. For those beginners who just want to take a nice photo, a point-and-shoot camera is always the best option. Action cameras are best for vloggers, divers, cyclists, and whoever enjoys outdoor activities and wants to record their adventures. Action cameras are quite powerful and able to help record high-quality videos & photos in all kinds of environments nowadays.
What are the action camera’s features?
- 4K Video: Recently, almost all action cameras support 4K video recording. High-end action cameras can even record 4K quality at up to 60 fps. It means that you can get clear and crisp videos for playing on your smartphone, computer and even TV. Remember that action cameras can not only be used to shoot videos; but also, they can get stunning photos! Most action cameras also take photos of up to 12 megapixels.
- Waterproof: Action cameras are widely used for diving, surfing, fishing, swimming and other water sports; so being waterproof is a must. The main difference with other cameras is that action cameras have extra layers of protection for both lens and body. So that they have high water-resistant potency, and are waterproof without a protective case.
- Image Stabilisation: Action cameras have to be shake-proof, as the users are usually moving, jumping, and climbing when they are filming. They tend to adopt EIS technology; which is Electronic Image Stabilisation, to reduce blurring and maintain high image quality while in motion.
- Mountable: Action cameras are as small as a hand, compared to a DSLR, so they can be handheld or mounted to anything. Most companies sell these cameras with a set for the water or a helmet. You can mount the action camera on a helmet, a bike or a surfboard.
- Storage: Action cameras are often used to take videos for hours in a row; therefore, enough storage space is important. Most of them come with a micro-SD card of 64 GB or 128GB to store photos and videos.
How to use an action camera?
There are many clever ways to use an action camera. You can use it to record extreme sports, mount the cam on wheels or handlebars to record your journey from a different angle, put it on the tripod for vlogging or even place it on the back of your pet to see the world from a puppy’s angle. And action cameras are extremely easy-to-use. Here are 3 simple steps to start using an action camera.
Step 1: Insert the SD card into your camera. The SD card has to be formatted before the camera can read it.
Step 2: Select a mode. Turn on the camera. By default, the camera will be in video mode when it is first started. You can switch to picture mode if you like.
Step 3: Customise the camera settings if you like. Go to Settings, where you can select a video resolution or turn on Time Lapse, Exposure, etc.
Step 4: Now you can press the shutter button to shoot a video or photo.
Step 5: Some action cameras also provide an app that can sync your recordings to your smartphone, where you can edit or upload the videos.
Which action camera should I buy?
If you are new to action cameras and don’t know where to start, here at Faircado we will help you. The key to finding which action camera is best for you is to figure out what you are going to do with this small camera. If you need the camera for diving, get an action camera with the best waterproof capability; if you need the camera for biking, get an action camera with the best image stabilisation. Here you can find a list of the best action cameras based on your reference:
- Best 4K action camera: GoPro, AKASO V50 Pro, Yi 4k action camera
- Best budget action camera: AKASO EK7000
- Best waterproof action camera: Sony FDRX3000, Olympus TG-Tracker, AKASO Brave 7 LE
- Best action camera with image stabilization: GoPro Hero9 Black
What are second-hand and refurbished action cameras?
The action camera has grown in popularity over the past years. While the GoPro brand used to be almost synonymous with the term “action camera”, now other manufacturers such as Sony, Garmin, Ricoh and Panasonic have also plunged into this rapidly developing market. With an action camera usually attached to your clothing or mounted on your helmet, everyone can enjoy your sporting activity from your point of view. You can buy a refurbished action camera at Faircado with a lot of advantages and certainty.
If you are planning to purchase an action camera, you can buy a second-hand one from various buyers. But remember that the used action cameras we offer at Faircado go through a major refurbishing process. The interior parts are clean and all parts that work less well are replaced. Faircado’s second-hand action cameras are guaranteed to be 100% functional and you will get a guarantee.
When you view your refurbished action camera, you may see traces of previous use; which do not influence the functioning of your camera.
Savvy buyers know that refurbished products can be a great value since these items are usually priced much lower than a brand-new product. At Faircado, we are happy to offer customers of second-hand and refurbished units the same high-quality technical support that comes with all new products.
Why buy second-hand action cameras?
Buying a refurbished item can be a great way to get what you want at a bargain price. Refurbished action cameras offer the same great quality and functionality for less. You can be reassured that the product has been checked and tested by the manufacturer before being sold to you, and most of the time you will be covered by the manufacturer’s refurbished warranty.
The main advantage of second-hand action cameras is that you can buy them at an extremely favourable price. The second-hand action camera prices can be 2-4 times lower than that of the brand-new one.
Finally, at Faircado we believe that buying a refurbished product helps to play an important role in reducing the environmental impact while saving you money. We are highly engaged in creating a wide community of happy users and in saving our beloved planet.
We give you all the information you need to make better daily purchase decisions. Our second-hand action camera changes regularly, so keep an eye out for a bargain and if you need any further assistance on particular models, then simply contact us and we can talk you through them.
Where to buy second-hand action cameras?
When buying a refurbished action camera, we always recommend using a reputable retailer. Buying used items increases your risk, so where you buy from is critical. Try to buy wisely, nowadays it’s easier than ever to score yourself a deal on second-hand markets like Faircado. If you’re looking to buy an action camera for the best price, Faircado has the deal for you.
No matter what second-hand action camera model you’re looking for, you’ll be glad to know that you can save yourself a lot by purchasing a second-hand one through Faircado. Our deals change regularly, so make sure you bookmark our site so you never miss a great deal on used, second-hand and refurbished action cameras.
Which refurbished action camera provides the best performance?
Choosing an action camera depends on the purposes you want to use it. You may set different requirements for an action camera during cycling or hiking than during skiing or mountain biking. Almost all top models shoot razor-sharp video images in 4K Ultra HD quality. For example, the GoPro Hero 5 and Hero 6 are very popular and deliver top performance, but the Hero 6 is slightly better in low-light conditions. The Sony FDR-X3000 is known for its very good image stabilisation. This makes it ideally suited for mountain bikers or during off-road motorcycling. After all, it absorbs vibrations very effectively.
Which refurbished action camera can withstand water best?
Most action cams are water resistant, so a rain shower will not harm them. However, if you want to record underwater images during a diving holiday, choose a real waterproof model. The GoPro Hero 6 is waterproof to a depth of 10 metres, but the Olympus Tough TG-Tracker can be used to a depth of 30 metres.
For further help or information, do not hesitate to be in touch with the Faircado team.