Buy Second Hand Network Cameras and Home Security Cameras
What are network cameras & home security cameras?
You can't be everywhere at once, but you’ll feel better knowing you can monitor your home with a network camera that helps protect your home or business. Network cameras are digital cameras used for surveillance. They are video recording devices that capture footage of your home and property. You can view the result on a smartphone, tablet, or computer from anywhere using an internet connection.
Home security cameras are the substitute to the previous analog closed-circuit TVs systems (CCTV). Instead of a dedicated network, they use the local IP network. Actually, security cameras are an excellent tool for providing home security and the peace of mind that goes with it.
There are two types of security cameras: wired and wireless. Wired network cameras are physically wired to an on-site video storage device. It can be a digital video recorder (DVR) or a network video recorder (NVR). Each wired camera has a cable connecting to it from the local storage device for power and transmitting footage. They don’t use Wi-Fi; however, they can be connected to the internet via an ethernet cable for viewing footage remotely.
On the other hand, wireless security cameras use Wi-Fi to forward surveillance footage to the internet, on a cloud-based server. The advantage of wireless network cameras is you can view the footage on any internet-connected device.
Wireless network cameras are also called “smart cameras” as they're controlled with an app on your smartphone. You can join with smart home devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, too.
How do network cameras work?
Network cameras record video (with or without audio) simultaneously on a dedicated network video recorder (NVR). Although home security cameras have changed a lot in recent years, they are more affordable than they used to be. They come in both wired and wireless types, and can connect to the internet. Most home security cameras are motion-activated, that means they will record when they detect motion, as well as send you an alert.
With network cameras, you can keep watch on your home from around the corner or from another country via a computer, smartphone or tablet. This helps to ensure peace of mind that comes from knowing your home is under a watchful eye.
When you're looking for network cameras or home security cameras, you have a variety of factors to consider, including:
- Location: Network cameras are generally designed for only indoor use or indoor/outdoor use. First consider your needs, then select which one is better for your needs.
- Resolution: It is important that the camera is high-definition. This will affect both picture resolution and upload speed.
- Motion Sensing: Network cameras with built-in motion sensors start capturing footage or take photos as soon as they sense something nearby has moved. This reduces hours of unnecessary images and power draw of these cameras, and so lower overall operation costs. Other considerations include whether you can set time slots for motion detection to be active, and if you can adjust its sensitivity.
- Night Vision: Home security cameras with night vision can pick up images in very low-light conditions and even in complete darkness, which is often how the house is when you're not there. If they don't have this option, camera footage during late evening, night time and early morning hours may not be usable.
- Wireless: Wireless home security cameras can connect to the network via built-in Wi-Fi connection. As a result, the complexity of installation reduces.
- Pan, Tilt & Zoom: There's a big advantage in having remote control of your network camera to zoom in and make it look around the room with up/down and sideways movement. Of course, models with this ability will generally cost more.
- Storage: Home security cameras store recorded footage in different ways, on a flash memory card, on an external storage drive connected to the camera, on cloud storage, on memory card, PC storage or smartphone/tablet storage.
- Power: Determine if the network camera runs on batteries and if so, will it take rechargeable batteries? If not, does it need to be plugged into mains power?
What are second-hand and refurbished network cameras and home security cameras?
Refurbished network cameras are returned goods that have come back to be checked out before being sold again. They consist of products that were initially sold new or sent out as demo units, such as a security camera, for example. In this case, the security camera is returned, sometimes without even being opened, and designated as a security camera to be "refurbished".
Once the network camera gets back from retailers or consumers, they are extensively tested and reconditioned to original factory specifications by trained technicians. The testing process assures that the home security camera meets the same stringent quality standards that are required for new products.
Savvy buyers know that refurbished products can be a great value since these items are usually priced much lower than a brand-new product. At Faircado, we are happy to offer customers of second-hand and refurbished units the same high-quality technical support that comes with all new products.
Why buy second-hand network cameras and home security cameras?
Buying a refurbished item can be a great way to get what you want at a bargain price. Refurbished network cameras offer the same great quality and functionality for less. You can be reassured that the product has been checked and tested by the manufacturer before being sold to you, and most of the time you will be covered by the manufacturer’s refurbished warranty.
The main advantage of second-hand home security cameras is that You can buy them at an extremely favorable price. The second-hand network camera prices can be 2-4 times lower than that of the brand-new one. Moreover, you don't need to spend too much time on the second-hand security camera and system configuration, because the previous owners normally have configured the cameras when they got them. So; you don't need to spend extra time re-configuring the basic settings of the used network camera, such as motion detection settings, recording schedule, etc.
But you should be careful about privacy issues in this case a lot! Why? Because you might be watched by the original owner of the used security camera equipment. Follow the below simple steps to identify if the used security camera is safe and still robust in other aspects.
- Check the wires to be all in good condition.
- Check if there is wear and tear in the network camera housing.
- Check the LEDs to see whether they are broken or not.
- Check the year of manufacturing of the security camera (from the seller), and you can double-check it on the security camera online shop.
- Change the password of the second-hand security camera. To ensure your privacy, modify the password as soon as you install the camera, so the original owner cannot access your camera.
Finally, at Faircado we believe that buying a refurbished product helps to play an important role in reducing the environmental impact while saving you money. We are highly engaged in creating a wide community of happy users and in saving our beloved planet.
We give you all the information you need to make better daily purchase decisions. Our second-hand video camera changes regularly, so keep an eye out for a bargain and if you need any further assistance on particular models, then simply contact us and we can talk you through them.
Where to buy second-hand network cameras and home security cameras?
When buying a refurbished security camera, we always recommend using a reputable retailer. Buying used items increases your risk, so where you buy from is critical. Try to buy wisely, nowadays it’s easier than ever to score yourself a deal on second-hand markets like Faircado. If you’re looking to buy a network camera for the best price, Faircado has the deal for you.
No matter what second hand security camera model you're looking for, you’ll be glad to know that you can save yourself hundreds of pounds by purchasing a second-hand one through Faircado. Our deals change on a regular basis, so make sure you bookmark our site so you never miss a great deal on used, second-hand and refurbished surveillance cameras.
For further help or information, do not hesitate to be in touch with the Faircado team.