What are webcams?
A webcam is a simple video camera (built-in or standalone), that allows you to capture still images and video on a computer. Webcams are relatively in two forms: Built-in or standalone webcams. For the most part, all modern laptops have built-in webcams. Built-in webcams have the advantage of being integrated into the computer, which means there is no extra setup or configuration, and the cost of the webcam is already included in the original price of the laptop. On the other hand, standalone webcams plug into your computer via USB. You can add these external webcams to a desktop computer or replace a laptop’s built-in webcam.
Webcams are controlled by software on the computer. To mitigate privacy concerns, some webcams have physical shutters that can be slid to cover the lens. This ensures it’s physically impossible for the webcam to be operated remotely to capture stills or video without the owner’s permission.
Webcams are commonly used for video conferencing with software like Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, and other apps. After the covid-19 pandemic, webcams have become all-but-essential hardware for many school students, university students and professionals during prolonged periods of remote learning and working with social distancing.
What are second-hand and refurbished webcams?
Refurbished webcams are returned webcams that are ready to use again. How? They are returned to the manufacturer’s factory or a refurbisher to be checked, cleaned, changed parts if needed and have a final test to see if everything works perfectly like the new one. Why? Maybe it needed a repair because of physical damage, or perhaps whoever bought it simply decided they did not want it and returned it to the store.
Then they will return to markets with “refurbished” labels and unbeatable prices.
There are many different refurbished webcam models available at Faircado. Some are simple, others have more advanced features. You will find a range of certified pre-owned webcams with discounted prices in perfect working order.
Thanks to modern technologies, keeping in touch with loved ones has never been easier these days. The only thing you need is a modern and powerful webcam. At Faircado we offer many webcam models with unbelievable discounts, discover our selection of refurbished webcams today. No matter if you need to be certified refurbished webcams that record and broadcast video in HD quality for your business, or simpler but effective webcam models; all are available at Faircado.
Why buy refurbished webcams?
Refurbished products repaired and restored to like-new condition. Usually, all parts and accessories that would have been included with the original product are present. Finally, through an inspection process, the refurbisher ensures that the product is clean and in working condition. By knowing this:
Buying used and refurbished is a greener choice. Buying used is better for the environment as most of the environmental damage from our electronics comes from the manufacturing process. And by ensuring electronics stay out of landfills, you can help prevent toxins from leaching into streams and polluting the air and land.
Think about it! The minute you open a new device, it becomes used; so, the difference between a used and a new item can be negligible. You can get an item that’s close to new but for a sizable discount. It is a win-win scenario.
Where to buy refurbished webcams?
Because buying used items increases your risk, where you buy from is critical. Usually, original equipment manufacturers are a reliable source of refurbished products, though also the most expensive.
On the other hand, some manufacturers actively block other technicians from accessing parts and service information required to properly service their products. It means the manufacturers have the most reliably-repaired versions of their products. But also, it means they can charge you whatever they want for any future repairs.
So, try to buy wisely. Nowadays it is easier than ever to score yourself a deal on second-hand markets like Faircado. If you are looking to buy a webcam for the best price, Faircado has the deal for you.
As students go back to school, it’s the perfect time to invest in one, whether it’s to keep in touch with family on the other side of the world, for that next zoom meeting, or to stream your games. You will even find some fantastic webcams. Regardless of what you are looking for, here on Faircado we help you find the right webcam.
The best webcams of 2021:
- Logitech C920
- Elgato Facecam
- Razer Kiyo Pro
- Logitech StreamCam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
- Razer Kiyo
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio
- Logitech BRIO 4K Pro
- Logitech HD Webcam C310
- Logitech C930e
What should be aware of before buying webcams?
- For buying any refurbished electronic product, remember that high-quality items tend to make better-refurbished gifts.
- Know what you want (think about it) before your shop. Then, you know the model of the item you want, it takes a lot of the guesswork out of buying refurbished. Otherwise, the number of similar items in the online markets can be overwhelming.
- Find out about accessories, items that, when new, come with earphones, connecting cables and charging stations, that don’t always come with those important accessories when used. You should check to see what you are getting and whether you will need to purchase other accessories. The fewer the accessories, the more of a discount you should expect.
- Find the best-refurbished price, and make sure you know when the model came out. In addition to how old the device is, you should check when the specific model debuted. Prices for refurbished items are mostly set by the debut of the product, and not how long those specific items were in use. This matters less with devices that do not require a lot of software updates, such as cameras.
- After purchasing a refurbished product, you want ample time to test the device to make sure it works properly. If it does not have a warranty, think twice about buying it.
- You should be cautious of websites and outlets that do not accept returns or only have a short window for return policy. This gives you less time to realise if the product you just bought has a defect. A lot of places will lower prices exorbitantly, but also eliminate returns.
- And the final point, warranty and a return policy are two different things. A warranty ensures that if anything happens to the device in a given window of time, the company you bought from, is required to fix and/or replace it. But a return policy simply means that if you return the item within that window, the company will refund you.
For further help or information, do not hesitate to be in touch with the Faircado team.